Salons / Spas
Top 10 Text Marketing Ideas for Salons and Spas
Salon and day spa customers are always on the go – with mobile phones in hand – and one of the best ways to reach them is using bulk SMS marketing. With 97% of texts being checked within 3 minutes of receipt, this is an instant, direct link to your target customers.
Here are some of the ways salons and day spas are using text message marketing to increase business:
1) Appointment reminders – Sending out text marketing appointment reminders decreases no shows by up to 40% and will be appreciated by your customers which can drive loyalty. Most people don’t want to miss an appointment and will respond positively to receiving appointment reminders.
2) Contests – Text message marketing for salons can be kicked off with a contest to build your database and then periodic contests offering a salon or spa service will increase business and keep people from opting out of your list.
3) Trend setting – By keeping abreast of trends such as feather extensions, neon hair tinting and others, you can offer them in your salon or spa and use text marketing to announce it, you can increase visits by customers who like to be trendsetters.
4) Special events – Text message marketing for salons can be used to promote special events such as Botox parties, VIP salon events and more to drive repeat visits outside of standard service offerings.
5) Mobile coupons – Text message marketing can be used to send out mobile coupons to pick up business on a slow day or encourage a specific service at your day spa or salon that may be lagging.
6) Special deals – Much like Groupon, you can offer your own special deal that people can purchase on the spot and then use at their leisure. For instance, sending out a bulk SMS marketing deal for a package of three haircuts or a haircut and manicure deal allows clients to get a good deal they can use in the future and can bring in your salon an influx of revenue and then outlay the services over time.
7) Last minute deals – Text message marketing for salons can be a great tool to fill last-minute cancellations. When you get a cancellation, you can send out a text marketing offer to a handful of customers offering them a great deal on a last-minute appointment to fill the empty slot.
8) Booking via text – Sometimes it’s hard for busy women to have a moment to look at their calendar, find your number and then call for an appointment. By devoting a staff member to using text message marketing to solicit appointments, you can make it convenient for people to book a service appointment.
9) Integrating social media – Social media is growing more prevalent and people like to interact with each other and with businesses on sites such as Facebook and Twitter. After setting up a Facebook or Twitter page for your salon or spa, you can then send out a bulk SMS marketing message asking customers to like or follow you.
10) Integrating location-based services – Check-in services such as Foursquare, Facebook Places and Google Places are popular and allow clients to see where their friends have been or meet up with them at popular hangouts. You can set your business up on these sites and then use text message marketing for salons to invite people to check-in at your salon to increase your brand awareness.